The 15th of May is rapidly approaching, and the blogosphere’s reaction has been truly overwhelming. Many wonderful people have signed up for the event, and i am sure many more will soon join us.
For now, i would like to publish a “definitely-not-inclusive” list of possible topics to talk about on the 15th for those who are still undecided what to write. This list is absolutely not inclusive (as you are free to write whatever you want), and i would really like to hear any other suggestions you might have and want to share.
Without further adue, here is the small list:
- Personal experiences of your parents/grandparents during the Nakba.
- Your home town/village.
- Growing up as a Palestinian outside Palestine.
- History of Palestine during the 20th century.
- Palestinian dresses and knitting patterns (tatreez تطريز)
- Daily life experiences of ordinary Palestinians (possibly YOU).
- The Israeli separation barrier.
- Historical monuments in Palestine (such as the Roman ruins in Sebastia, Hisham’s Palace in Jericho, Old City in Jerusalem ..etc).
- Life of Arabs in Israel.
- Being Palestinian in this global age/world.
- Reflections on the media coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict (specially western media)
- Current Events
- The Fatah/Hamas divide
- How can a peaceful resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict be attained.
- The portrayal of Palestinians in movies/media.
- Prominent Palestinian figures.
Other (non-traditional) topics:
- Palestinian Cuisine (humm .. Mahashee, Makloobeh, Msakhan, Kidreh, Wara2 Dawali, Mana2eesh, ..etc yummy yummy)
- Art in Palestine
- Culture in Palestine
- Technology in Palestine
- Working in Palestine
Of course, this is just a small subset of the topics that you could talk about. Any other suggestions or additions are highly welcomed.
I think it is safe to say that everybody is anxious to see and read all the wonderful articles that will be written on the 15h. See you then!